Bike Tour in rural Austria
8 days / 7 nights with return transfer from 569 €
Here you will find the rural side of the Danube Cycle Path, with lots of nature and tranquillity. In Passau and Vienna you will stay in city hotels, on the way on farms and in family-run inns. Enjoy the dreamlike landscapes along the Danube, the grandiose nature in the Danube Valley and Strudengau, the cultural landscapes in the Machland and the Wachau. Immerse yourself in rural Austria, with its dialects, its warmth and its down-to-earth cuisine. This bike tour of rural Austria is perfect for everyone.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau
3-river boat trip and the historical town centre set the mood for your holiday.
Day 2 Passau - Feldkirchen region, approx. 55 km/34 mi + boat trip
A boat takes you to Kasten. The Danube valley becomes narrow, high and steep here, Engelszell Monastery is the centre of this deserted region.
Day 3 Feldkirchen - Mitterkirchen, approx. 55 km/34 mi + train ride
First you cycle to Ottensheim with its own brewery. By train you reach Linz, Capital of Culture 2009, with its beautiful old town and modern museums, before cycling through the flat Marchland to Mitterkirchen.
Day 4 Mitterkirchen - Hengstberg, approx. 35 km/22 mi
Greinburg Castle and the charming town of Grein await you, then you cycle through the rugged Strudengau, which used to be dangerous for shipping.
Day 5 Hengstberg - Aggstein, approx. 50 km/31 mi
Today you cycle through the legendary Niebelungengau, the place name Pöchlarn is said to go back to the tragic hero Rüdiger von Bechelaren. The baroque monastery of Melk, the gateway to the Wachau, looks lovely.
Day 6 Aggstein- Krems, approx. 30 km/19 mi
You cycle through the Wachau, many opportunities to taste excellent wine, schnapps and jam.
Day 7 Krems - Vienna, approx. 40 km/25 mi, + train ride
By train you travel to the Roman town of Tulln, then cycle again in the countryside around the Vienna Woods. Take time for Klosterneuburg with the Verdun Altar before cycling to lively Vienna.
Day 8 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. Why not extend your bike tour in rural Austria?
Priser & datoer
Included in "Bike Tour in rural Austria":
- 7 overnight stays, B & B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel to Vienna, 1 piece p.p., 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- personal bikes are included by bus transfer
- boat trip Passau-Kasten incl. bike
- train ride Ottensheim-Linz incl. bike
- train ride Krems-Tulln incl. bike
- entrance Stift Dürnstein
- shopping voucher Konditorei Hagmann
- ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel in Vienna
- travel documents and maps in english
- GPS data
- return transfer by train excl. bike,
29.04.-19.05. & 09.09.- 23.09.
- return transfer by bus or by train,
20.05. - 08.09.,
please reserve with your original booking
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Farms, guesthouses and hotels at the international 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or 24 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrivals daily from 29.04. to 23.09.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 569 € saver price
09.09. - 23.09.
- 659 € basic price
- 769 € seasonal price
20.05. - 08.09.
- 130 € single room surcharge
- 90 € rental bike
- 200 € e-bike
- -28 € discount, no return transfer
- 55 € additional night in Passau, DBL, incl. breakfast
- 80 € additional night in Passau, SGL, incl. breakfast
- 70 € additional night in Vienna, DBL, incl. breakfast
- 95 € additional night in Vienna, SGL, incl. breakfast
- booking code "Bike Tour in rural Austria":
- how you can save some money
- Discount in the room of two adults
- 00-06 years: 100 %
- 07-11 years: 50 %
- 12-14 years: 25 %
- 15-17 years: 10 %
Arrival "Bike Tour in rural Austria":
Parking in Passau:
There are many long-term parking spots available at Passau train station and on the outskirts of Passau. They are multi-storey car parks, individual garages or fenced in parking spots. Costs approx. 40-70 €/ week. You can find further information in the travel documents.
- Arrival in Passau via train:
From the train station to the hotels in the old town it takes about 15 minutes on foot. The hotels in the Inn district are approx. 2,5 kilometers from the train station. We recommend taking a taxi, costs approx.7 €
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2,25 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. 30 €
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 100-130 €
Arrival at Vienna airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 310 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 3 hours.
Taxi Schwechat airport to Vienna Central-Station: approx. 35 € for up to 4 passengers
Train ticket price per person: approx. 60 €
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 250-400 €
Return by Minibus (included 20.05. - 08.09.):
Collection at hotel, departure approx. 8-9 am, duration approx. 4 hours, must be booked together with holiday. The transfer Vienna-Passau can also take place at the beginning of the trip.
Return transfer by train (included):
Good connections via Vienna main train station (Wien Hauptbahnhof), change trains 1x, duration approx. 2,5 - 3 hours. You must reserve own bikes several days in advance (not included). The transfer Vienna-Passau can also take place at the beginning of the trip.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.