Enns Cycle Path
Along the river Enns through the Alps to Linz from 665 €
Short stages with intoxicating views await you on the Enns cycle path. The river Enns crosses the glacier-covered Dachstein Mountains and the Ennstal Alps and turns into white water in the Gesaeuse Gorge before slowly approaching the Danube. There’s also plenty of culture on this tour – you’ll visit Admont Abbey, the town of Steyr which has a long industrial history as well as the cultural capital Linz. This tour requires a basic level of fitness.
Day 1 Arrival in Radstadt
The starting point is in the "old town in the mountains", which is well-known as a winter sports resort.
Day 2 Radstadt - Gröbming, approx. 45 km/28 mi
You’ll cycle through the Mandlingpass fortifications and along the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Dachstein to Gröbming. There you can relax in the local spa gardens.
Day 3 Gröbming - Admont, approx. 55 km/34 mi
It’s a leisurely cycle to Admont via Trautenfels Castle. The Benedictine monastery with the world's largest monastery library is well worth seeing.
Day 4 Admont - St. Gallen, approx. 55 km/34 mi
There are some narrow stretches in the Gesäuse National Park, where the Enns roars its way through the gorge. The impressive natural landscape more than makes up for the sometimes inadequate cycle path.
Day 5 St. Gallen - Großraming, approx. 40 km/25 mi
With Gallenstein Castle behind you, you’ll now cycle along the Eisenstraße, the ‘Iron Road’, to Upper Austria. You’ll have a wonderful view of the Kalkalpen National Park.
Day 6 Großraming - Steyr, approx. 45 km/28 mi
Castle ruins such as Losenstein tell of the importance of the Eisenstrasse. The old industrial town of Steyr has a lot to offer, such as the Gothic "Bummerlhaus" - the town's landmark.
Day 7 Steyr - Linz, approx. 50 km/31 mi
The stage to Enns is very rural. In Enns, it’s worth climbing the city tower. Linz was the European Capital of Culture in 2009 and has a beautiful historic town centre, as well as modern museums.
Day 8 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. Why not extend your cycle tour on the Enns Cycle Path in Linz?
Priser & datoer
Included in your package "Enns Cycle Path":
- 7 overnight stays, B&B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel to Linz,
1 piece p.p., 23 kg/ item (50 lbs/ item)
- travel documents and maps in english
- GPS tracks
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- 7-day customer helpline
- optional rental bike
- optional return transfer by train excl. bike
- optional return transfer by minibus incl. bike
- Category L:
Selected hotels at the international 3*/4* level as per Hotelstars Union.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 24 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrivals daily from 29.04. to 22.09.
- Arrivals on fridays and saturdays from 23.09. to 21.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 665 € saver price
07.10. - 21.10.
- 759 € basic price
23.09. - 06.10.
- 859 € seasonal price
29.04. - 23.09.
- 200 € single room surcharge
- 90 € rental bike
- 200 € e-bike
- 39 € return transfer by train excl. bike
- 169 € return transfer by bus incl. bike
- 60 € extra night in Radstadt, double room, B&B
- 70 € extra night in Radstadt, single room, B&B
- 75 € extra night in Linz, double room, incl. B&B
- 100 € extra night in Linz, single room, incl. B&B
- booking code "Enns Cycle Path":
- how you can save some money
Parking in Radstadt:
Hotel car park, costs from approx. 65 €/week. No reservation possible. Free unguarded parking near the hotel.You can find further information in the travel documents.
Parking in Linz:
Underground car park opposite the train station, costs from approx. 50 €/week. Reservation required in advance. You can find further information in the travel documents.
- Arrival in Radstadt via train:
The hotels are approximately 700 metres from the train station.
Return transfer by train:
Good connections via Linz main train station (Linz Hauptbahnhof), change trains 1x, duration approx. 3 - 4 hours. You must reserve own bikes several days in advance (not included).
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.