Kalkalpen Bike Tour
Round trip in the National Park from Steyr from 455 €
This Kalkalpen bike tour takes you along the Steyrtal cycle path, the Enns cycle path and the Hintergebirgs cycle path to breathtaking, wild mountain landscapes. Discover the Steyrtal and the Garstnertal with their rushing mountain streams. But culture is not neglected either: the iron city of Steyr with its long industrial history offers insights into historical timber extraction and the long tradition of cutlery. We recommend e-bikes for this tour.
Day 1 Arrival in Steyr
The starting point is the historic and romantic small town of Steyr, at the impressive confluence of the Enns and Steyr rivers.
Day 2 Steyr - Windischgarsten, approx. 60 km/37 mi
You'll cycle leisurely on the Steyrtal cycle path to the Klaus reservoir. Through the Garstnertal, always along the Sengsengebirge and Toten Gebirge you reach Windischgarsten.
Day 3 Windischgarsten - Großraming, approx. 60 km/37 mi, 1000 hm
Today there is the king's stage of this bike tour! The first challenge awaits you in Unterlaussa: the ascent to Mooshöhe, which leads you right into the heart of the National Park and continues through the Reichraminger Hintergebirge.
Day 4 Großraming - Steyr, approx. 40 km/25 mi
The last day of the bike tour in Austria leads quite leisurely along the Ennsradweg. You will pass Reichraming, Losenstein, Trattenbach.
Day 5 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. Alternatively, you can still extend your stay in the small town.
Included in your package "Kalkalpen bike tour":
- 4 overnight stays, B&B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel to Steyr,
1 piece p.p., 23 kg/ item (50 lbs/ item)
- travel documents and maps in english
- GPS tracks
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- Category L:
Selected hotels at the international 3*/4* level as per Hotelstars Union.
Bikes for hire (on request):
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 24 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrivals daily from 29.04. to 22.09.
- Arrivals on fridays and saturdays from 23.09. to 21.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 449 € super saver price
07.10. - 21.10.
- 489 € saver price
23.09. - 06.10.
- 539 € basic price
29.04. - 22.09.
- 80 € single room surcharge
- rental bike: on request
- e-bike: on request
- 75 € extra night in Steyr, double room, B&B
- 95 € extra night in Steyr, single room, B&B
- booking code "Kalkalpen bike tour":
- how you can save some money
Parking in Steyr:
Hotel car park at the Ennskai (closed off), reservation required.
Arrival in Steyr via train:
The hotels are approx. 1000 metres from the train station.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.