Trans Austria - from Salzburg to Vienna
Comfort tour 8 d / 7 n with return transfer from 719 €
The landscapes in the Salzkammergut and along the Danube are dreamlike. Mondsee, Attersee and Traunsee are picturesquely situated, surrounded by rugged cliffs, and have already inspired artists such as Klimt and Mahler. The lovely Wachau region with its vineyards and apricots offers a tranquil contrast with its gentle hills. The exciting cities of Salzburg, Linz and Vienna alternate in rhythm with the pedals, from historical to modern, leaving nothing to be desired. Indulge in culinary delights on the Trans Austria Tour, whether in the Jausenstation, the rural inn or the star restaurant. For this cycle tour from Salzburg to Vienna you should bring along some basic fitness.
Day 1 Arrival in Salzburg
You will be charmed by this magnificent festival city and former residence of the prince-bishopric.
Day 2 Salzburg - Weißenbach a.A., approx. 60 km/37 mi
The Salzkammergut welcomes you with rolling hills, along the Mondsee you cycle to the Attersee, Austria's largest lake.
Day 3 Weißenbach a.A. - Gmunden, 30 km/19 mi + boat trip
The ascent into the Weißenbach valley is short and crisp before you glide along the Traun via Ebensee to the Traunsee. The route continues along the shore to Gmunden, famous for its green and white ceramics.
Day 4 Gmunden - Lambach, 30 km/19 mi + train ride Linz
A little more nature along the Traun, then by train you reach Linz, the Capital of Culture 2009, with its beautiful old town and modern museums.
Day 5 Linz - Grein region, approx. 60 km/37 mi
Explore the ancient Enns; after cycling through the Machland area, Castle Greinburg and the charming small town Grein await you.
Day 6 Grein region - Wachau region, approx. 65 km/40 mi
While the Struden- and Niebelungengau landscapes are rough, the Baroque Abbey Melk is beautiful and mellow.
Day 7 Wachau region - Vienna, 65 km/40 mi + train ride
Take your time to explore the Wachau Region, where one idyllic wine village comes after the next. The Roman town of Tulln is also worth a longer stop. From here the train takes you to Vienna.
Day 8 Departure or extension
Your tour ends after breakfast. Why not extend your Trans Austria cycle tour from Salzburg to Vienna?
Priser & datoer
Included in "Trans Austria - cycle tour Salzburg - Vienna":
- 7 overnight stays, B & B
- luggage transport from hotel to hotel to Vienna, 1 piece p.p., 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- return transfer by train excl. bike,
- train ride Lambach - Linz incl. bike
- train ride Tulln - Vienna incl. bike
- boat trip Traunsee incl. bike
- 1 bottle of Wachau vine per room
- travel documents and maps in english
- GPX tracks
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor's tax to be paid on site
- optional rental bike
- Category L:
Selected hotels at the international 3*/4* level as per Hotelstars Union.
Bikes for hire:
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or 24 gears/freewheel. Equipped with panniers, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrivals daily from 29.04. to 21.10.
- the day of arrival determines the price of your tour
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 719 € saver price
07.10. - 21.10.
- 839 € basic price
23.09. - 06.10.
- 969 € seasonal price
29.04. - 22.09.
- 200 € single room surcharge
- 90 € rental bike
- 200 € e-bike
- -28 € discount, no return transfer
- 100 € extra night, Salzburg 4*, DBL, B&B
- 150 € extra night, Salzburg 4*, SGL, B&B
- 75 € extra night, Vienna 4*, DBL, B&B
- 100 € extra night, Vienna 4*, SGL, B&B
- booking code "Trans Austria - cycle tour Salzburg - Vienna":
- how you can save some money
Arrival "Trans Austria - cycle tour Salzburg - Vienna":
Parking in Linz:
Parking garage Linzer Gasse, costs approx.140 €/week.
- Arrival in Salzburg via train:
From the train station to the hotels it is a 15-minute walk.
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Salzburg approx. 145 km/90 mi, very good train connection, duration approx. 2.5 hours. Price by train per person: approx. 45 €.
Arrival at Vienna airport:
Distance to Salzburg approx. 296 km/184 mi, good rail connection, duration approx. 3 hours. Taxi Airport Schwechat - Vienna Central Station: approx. 35 € up to 4 persons. Price train per person: approx. EUR 60
Return transfer by train (included):
Very good connections from Vienna main station, without changing trains, duration approx. 2.5-3 h, own bikes must be reserved several days in advance (not included). The transfer can also take place at the beginning of the trip.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.